27 May Our Commitment to Our Guests
As some of our restaurants begin to reopen for dine-in, we are closely following guidelines to ensure the highest level of protection for our guests. We promise to do all we can to provide you with the Lowlands experience you’ve come to know and love, while maintaining the health and safety of our staff and community, and we reserve the right to refuse service to those who choose not to abide by our guidelines.
Our Promise to You: There Is No Such Thing as Too Safe
- We will continue to be a leader in food safety and sanitation, ensuring we are following the WRA and CDC best practices.
- Every Lowlander has received training on enhanced safety procedures and all shifts are supervised by ServSafe Certified managers.
- All Lowlanders will wear masks and pass daily health screenings.
- Team Members will adhere to a minimum of 6 feet social distancing whenever possible following all our established procedures.
- Designated Team Members perform specific tasks such as food and beverage delivery.
- Designated Team Members perform established cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Established glove usage, handwashing, and proper sanitizing policies will be strongly enforced.
We Have Prepared for Your Visit: Everything Has Been Cleaned & Sanitized
- Chairs, booths and table tops are sanitized after every use.
- Table top supplies such as salt and pepper shakers are sanitized after every use.
- Restrooms, common areas and surfaces are cleaned diligently.
- Menus are “One Time Use” only.
Remaining Socially Responsible Is Important: Your Commitment Matters
- Sanitizer stations are provided for all guests.
- Masks are not required, however they are never discouraged.
- Seating areas have been reimagined for your safety.
- Please remain at your table as much as possible.
- If you see friends, please limit your conversations.
- Try to practice “hands free” interactions.
- We strongly encourage cashless payments.
Reservations & Seating: It’s Best to Plan Ahead
- We have increased our reservation capacity and encourage you to make reservations.
- Waiting areas are very limited and capacity is limited to 50% or less. (25% or less at Café Hollander in Hilldale).
- We encourage only one member from each party to check in at the host stand until available seating for the entire party is confirmed.
- The bar is not a waiting area; bar seating is being treated as table service and will follow the same check in process at our host stand.
- Group sizes are limited to 6 people or less.
To Go for Your Convenience:
- While waiting, please follow and comply with the socially responsible guidelines.
- All payments are prepaid and processed online or over the phone to minimize staff/guest contact.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including fever, cough, or shortness of breath), please help keep everyone safe with our contactless “To Go” options.
- While receiving orders for curbside pick up, open and close your window, door, or trunk for our employees to safely give you your orders.
- Order online via our website or over the phone.